A global leader
With Brazil’s government increasing its efforts to focus on growing the country’s standing as a hub for the emerging technologies, AIBC America’s first event for the market is perfectly timed to connect its wide-reaching network in the West with LatAm’s leading innovators, and policy makers.
An emerging innovation hub
South America, led by Brazil, is rapidly emerging as a leader in tech-focussed businesses. Investment in areas such as AI and Blockchain has allowed the region to leverage long-awaited opportunities to leapfrog toward greater levels of innovation, productivity, and socio-economic progress.
– In Oxford Insights’ AI Readiness Index 2019, Brazil was ranked 40 out of 192 countries, a sign that the South American powerhouse is moving up in the emerging tech sector.
– An AI Index report from Stanford University illuminates this shift in direction for the country’s economy – Brazil is now considered one of the top 5 countries in the world with the fastest growth in AI hiring.
2022 and beyond
– The Central Bank Digital Currency, estimates that the Digital Real project, which will work to introduce a digital cryptocurrency to Brazil, will start its first series of tests in Q1 of 2023, with a potential launch planned for late 2024.
– A June 2022 report by the Federal Court of Accounts has suggested the 2021 National AI Strategy will need to be reviewed and improved by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation after noting shortcomings.
– To this end the Senate has commissioned a new regulatory framework on AI be drafted, to which an open invitation to contribute was extended to experts in the field after the creation of a Commission of Jurists.
– The Brazilian government also announced its intention to create 8 research facilities focused on AI – the labs will work in tandem with Brazil’s IOT plan – with the 4 core verticals being: smart cities, healthcare, agribusiness and manufacturing.
Join the community!
AIBC has drawn experts from across the globe to act as thought-leaders and industry pioneers, sharing their well-earned wisdom through panels, fireside chats and inspiring keynote speeches. Want to get involved as one of the speakers for our AIBC Conferences? Reach out to Emily on [email protected].
Ambasador of Malta
Brazilian iGaming Summit
Brazilian iGaming Summit
Athlete & Former UFC Champion
Secretaria Executiva do Ministério da Fazenda
Director of International Relations and Head of Activations
Comissão Especial de Direito dos Jogos Esportivos, Lotéricos e Entreterimento
Feitosa Educação Digital
State Deputy of Rio Grande do Sul
Deputy Secretary of Innovation, Science, and Technology
Government of the State of Rio Grande do Sul
Head of Advertising and Business
Vai de Bob
Founder & Host
For the first time ever SIGMA Group is bringing its 3 leading shows together for the mother of all conferences. SIGMA, alongside AGS and AIBC will bring the best in the business to a first-class meeting point in São Paulo.
AIBC Americas brings together the brighest minds in emerging technologies from across the globe! To that end, our lavish networking events help us grease the wheels of innovation by letting opinion leaders, industry titans, clever investors and bright entrepreneurs mingle, exchange business cards and unwind. Make the most of your time with us and expand your network by joining in on the fun!
While the industry is full of trailblazing movers and shakers with a record of disrupting the industry, our Awards Night gives the spotlight to the rising stars whose accomplishments merit the highest praise possible!
At the heart of AIBC is a deep love and appreciation for the start-up. Seeing teams and ideas with potential grow from a seed stage to taking entire industries by storm has always been something that the Group has attempted to nurture wherever we go. The Pitch-participants of today may be the market makers of tomorrow so any shrewd investor or tech-visionary is more than invited to come along for the ride.
Take your shot and apply now!